Wednesday, August 27, 2008

24 Years and Counting

I don't count this post as an official blog post, just some shameless boasting. It's August 27th 2008, that means it has been 24 years since I have done any illegal drugs. I've pretty much quit drinking as well, maybe once every 4-6 months. I was well into my 30's before I trusted myself with alcohol again, and indeed I haven't been to the point of intoxication for those same 24 years. Just to be clear it isn't like it was a major drug problem, mostly dope and the occasional dalliance with cocaine, but even at the age of 18 I could see where things were headed, so I quit. My theory is that there are two kinds of people when it comes to mild recreational drugs, those that can handle it, and those who can't, and I am definitely in the latter category. Just imagine what a mess I would be if I had continued. Man Alive! Now, if I could just kick the cigarettes, I'd be set.

Anyway, in celebration of my 24 years of sobriety, here is another little something from the archives called: The Sad Bastard.

-Cheers.

No comments: