Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Warts and All

Hello Kids, glad you could make it. I ran into a dry patch (post-wise) right around the holidays, and I think a big part of the problem (other than the mad dash scramble that is the hallmark of the holiday season) was that I was trying to make things too polished. I mean, after all this is a sketch blog, and sketches by their very nature, are "sketchy" . . . hence the name. So the next 4 or 5 posts things are going to be really unpolished images, warts and all you might say. Almost straight from my sketchbook, the real sketchbook that I keep in my car and drag into coffee shops, and wherever else I might find time to doodle. Mainly the only corrections will be some stray lines of over lapping images removed in Photoshop. This is just to keep me from getting too full of myself.

This one is called, for lack of a better name: Haggard Writer. Just something that came to me in the coffee shop one day, an overworked, underpaid scribe from the atomic era, trying to bang out a story in hopes of eating for a day or two. Oddly, my favorite part of this one is the art on the wall behind him, I don't know why, it just really makes it for me.

No comments: