Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Super Gal



This started off as kind of a joke between me and my gal, Ace. Rather a long story, but we were bantering back and forth over who was going to Google something. She wanted me to do it, and started calling me Google Boy (and made up a little theme song for me as well), and I in turn told her to do it herself, and dubbed her Goggle Girl and even gave her full rights to use my new theme song. Anyway, at the same time I was thinking about creating a Google Girl mascot, she asked if I was going to draw her a Google Girl. Well, of course, Google is trademarked, and I have no desire whatsoever for any kind of legal hassles so for now this character will be known as Super Gal, until I get something better worked out. Oh, and if you're wondering, she finally looked it up herself, but she used Ask.com, instead of Google, probably just to be contrary.

This is just a sketch featuring my new favorite mix of blue & black colored pencils. It's a bit off and somewhat wonky in places, and she even has an extra leg, but overall I'm pleased with it. Oh, and my UPS is being a pain in the ass tonight, to the point that I probably will have to replace it, so I didn't bother to scan the other part of the retro shape dealio.

No comments: