Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Horribly Green Queen of Diamonds Sketch

Here is the sketch of a Queen of Diamonds I've been working on. Its this horrible shade of green, because somebody got carried away in Photoshop (I'll see if I can't fix it one of these days, or even rescan it). I went with a kind of tattered looking card for the vintage/retro feel, and as you can see, she's one of those tatted up pinup models that are all the rage these days, kind of generic now. You see, the original concept was for fan art of a specific model, one of my "friends" on MySpace, but when I was looking through her album of fan art, I saw that someone had beaten me to it. So, I just went with a cute little pinup gal, no one in particular. I guess that's what I get for snoozing.

Oh, and just a heads up, posts might be a bit sporadic until the holiday season is over, but I'll try to get back on track for the new year.

Faber-Castel Pitt Oil Based Pencil (soft) on some yellow paper I found a *hundred years ago, when I was a janitor.

*not really, it just feels like that long ago.


2 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

I think that is COOL! I'm over from Meredith's site.

Robert said...

Thank you, kindly, Vodka Mom. I'm hoping to have a finished version soon.